POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 10 things to use a Min Heap for : Re: 10 things to use a Min Heap for Server Time
7 Sep 2024 23:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 10 things to use a Min Heap for
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 20 Jun 2008 13:13:49
Message: <485be54d$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> With the schools, most of the children don't want to be there. The're going
> to misbehave, ignore homework, etc, etc.
> With adult training (and I'm talking about the IT training complanies that
> do the vender-related courses), the people in the course want to be there
> and have often paid for it. Makes things a lot easier.
>
> Worth considering.

Well, not necessarily.

Some people will be on a course because they employer sent them there,
but they themselves don't think they need it and it's a waste of their time.

But yes, *more* of them will want to be there.

BTW, I've only been on a course paid for by my employer once. It was a
course on Windows 2000. The guy leading it did spent a brief period
going over TCP/IP, and the subject of class-A/class-B/class-C networks
came up. Would you believe that *I* was the only person in the room who
knew that 2^24 is exactly 16,777,216?

Actually, the look the course leader and the other attendees gave me
was... not welcoming. The course leader later claimed that in the 15
years he's been doing this job, I'm the first person to know the exact
answer; most people just know it's "approximately 17 million"...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/